Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hi, my name is Emily Eide (say: A-D). I grew up in San Jose, California with my father and in Los Banos, California with my mother. I have moved all around San Jose and the bay area, Oakland, Hayward, Concord, Fremont, the Santa Teresa District, and then the Willow Glen district. I've lived in thirteen different houses, apartments, and duplexes. Moving around with my separated family with only my grandparents and aunts as my extended family was quite an adventure. 

I haven't grown much, plant-wise, I've grown carrots, strawberries, apples, peas, peppermint, and bell peppers. It was really interesting growing these vegetables and fruits considering my family and I forget about mostly everything including watering these plants. These plants ended up dying very quickly.

One person that I think has a lot of expertise in gardening from home is an eighteen year old named Emma. Emma is in college and is able to grow different types of fruits and vegetables in her dorm. She also spends her summer working at the Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose working with kids on an environmental team. That team goes out to places such as Our City Forest and Don Edwards.  Her dedication to the environment inspires me and she is an amazing role model.  


No comments:

Post a Comment